Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Things I'm Grateful For - Part 3

As I took the picture, she said, "OH GOD! You're gonna blog about this, aren't you?"


This is The Best Friend®. This picture was taken moments after she unleashed The Bog of Eternal Stench (read: she farted) in my car. It was horrible. It stunk so bad that the cashier in the drive-thru could smell it.
The Best Friend® couldn’t stop laughing. She laughed so much, she cried. I would have laughed, but every time I uncovered my face, I could taste the fart and that’s just not a good way to start off your day. So I took this picture instead, because capturing these moments for your blog is a good way to start the day.

It’s in moments like these that I can clearly see The Best Friend® and me, both 80 years old (well, she’ll be 82): she in Depends diapers (trust me, she’ll need them), me with my boobs down to my knees. She’ll start laughing for no reason, I’ll ask her what she’s laughing about. She’ll say, “You’ll see.” And then I will see… or smell, as the case may be.

Yes. We’ll still be doing this when we’re 80 (she’ll be 82).
Because fart jokes never get old, even if they are disgusting.
Because that’s the kind of friendship we have: eternal, mildly co-dependant and comfortable – and we wouldn’t have it any other way.

Today, I am grateful for moments like these, with The Best Friend®.

2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to get my blog started, once I figure out how to make the simple process of starting one yet more complicated than I already have - so that I can add your little tidbits to it.

    And you are welcome for filling your nose and your mind with something to blog about this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better get your blog started. Quit being such a ninny about the title header and just start writing, dammit!

    Be warned: you fill my nose, I fill my blog. See how that works? Mwahahaha

    ReplyDelete