Friday, September 10, 2010

I could've sworn it was on my list

First entry on my very own blog! This is exciting... and exhilarating! I'll say it right now, out loud, on my very first blog entry -- I hope this is the first step in becoming wildly successful in all my endeavors. But I am willing to admit that I am just one of many many bloggers out here in the Blogosphere, so I'll be happy if my nana happens to check my blog out from time to time.

So... why blog? Why be like the countless many out there who all think they're important enough to have their say in such a public forum as Teh Internets? Well... why not? Why not add my voice and hope someone listens? Besides, despite being so gregarious I'm actually quite shy. Humiliation and I do not get along. I don't do public very well. Sure, I can be ballsy and out there and wild and goofy, but not if someone is actually going to see me. Or, more accurately, not if I'm going to be able to see people.

But if I'm going to do this artist thing -- and be true to my soul -- I have to actually be out there. I have to be willing to expose myself in a public forum and accept the praise and criticism that go along with it. Even if it's just from my family.

Moving on...

I'm going to start with my life list. I figure if I post it here, then I have to do it. Otherwise, I'm just another slacker. And I'm tired of being a slacker. OK, not really. Slacking is fun, but it's not very conducive to a deliciously wonderful life -- and I want a deliciously wonderful life. Which, from what I'm told, is something you actually have to work for.

First -- I don't have TV. Well, I have a TV, but I don't have cable or a satellite dish or any other exposure to the outside world, other than the internet. This is very much on purpose. So I wasn't familiar with the whole bucket list phenomenon until I read about it playing Six Degrees of the Internet. I thought it was a cute concept for a movie, but rather macabre, and didn't give it much more thought than that.

So flash forward a month or so later, and I'm back to playing Six Degrees of the Internet again (it's what I do when I don't want to do anything else), and I happen to click through The Bloggess's blog to Chookooloonk's blog -- and I fell in love. It was kismet! It was synchronistic! It was exactly what I needed to lift me off my ass and set me on my path! This woman is fearlessly living her life and is exactly who I want to be when I grow up. But here it was again... mention of this list... a Life List. I read through it and started writing one of my own. My life list is now in a journal that I cart around in my backpack like it's my security blanket -- going everywhere I go -- and I fill page after page with motivational words, inspiration for future art projects, instructions for completing items on my life list and other ramblings. This life list has turned out to be a life line on more than one occasion.

I could've sworn that "designing my own web site" was on my life list, but I can't find it. Granted, I've only skimmed the 109 goals on there and might've missed it (my handwriting is choppy, at best). So when I find what number it actually is, I'll update this blog. Maybe. I hope. It's Life List Goal #100

Right now, I'm at the beginning stage of Life List Goal #62 -- Grow my own vegetables. The Boyfriend™ is doing most of the work and I find myself having to literally beg him to let me help. But apparently, this whole living off the land thing appeals to him this week.

(Side note: The Boyfriend™ is dreamy... and wonderful... and smart... and a goddamn breath of fresh air. How can you not love a man who not only supports your dreams and ambitions and talents, but actually takes over helps you with something on your life list, to bring it to fruition).

Life List Goal #61 -- Grow my own herbs from seed to plant started off well, but then failed miserably. I think that has something to do with the fire ants in my fronts yard -- and the poison necessary to kill them -- but, I'm not going to let that deter me. Besides, The Boyfriend™ is taking over the vegetables -- and I want to appear somewhat invested in my life list, so I guess I'll try the herb thing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment