Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Meh...

Today, my friends, is the prime reason behind exactly why I had to tell you about my two year plan. Because I needed to put it out there... To call myself to the mattresses... And make sure I actually follow through with it. Because I'm great with ideas! Follow through... Not so much.

I mean, seriously, when God was handing out the ability-to-see-something-through-to-the-end gene, He either totally skipped over me or He gave me so much damn ADD gene that it negated my ability to follow through with just about everything. Unless I can do something immediatelyrightthissecond, I'll lose interest. Actually, not interest - the sheer magnitude of guilt I feel tells me I'm still interested in the idea - I lose the desire to keep doing it. No...that's not it, either. I'm just damn lazy sometimes.

How the hell do you get past A Herculean sized desire to sit on the couch and do nothing all day??

As I mentioned before, it's the day-to-day details that move me forward toward success. But, really... Right now, I don't feel like dealing with details. Right now, I just want to go to bed. But right now, I'm so sleep deprived that I know I won't get up early enough to take care of the details in the morning. So I'm trying to talk myself into taking care if all of it tonight. I know I'll feel better if I do, but I just don't want to. Talk myself into taking care of the bullshit, that is. Of course I want to feel better.

And I'm only ten days into this plan. Sweet lord! How am I going to make it through
another...whatever 365 plus 355 days equals?!

Ok...I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna go pack my lunch and get my vitamins ready. And shave my legs.


Maybe....

No comments:

Post a Comment