Friday, April 29, 2011

You may go to Hell. I will go to Texas.

I am in beautiful San Antonio for work this weekend. San Antonio, along with San Francisco, is now the reason I firmly believe that any ity that starts with "San" is gonna be badass. This place is bitching.

Apparently four bajillion other people agree with me. I was all set to be touristy, but not in a TOURISTY way, and all the other freakin' tourists ruined it for me!

Take The Alamo. I hopped over there during my lunch break today, fully expecting to be able to take it in & relish some history. My plan was thwarted by hordes of screaming children, insolent teenagers and visitors from more countries than I could count. Even inside the alamo, where signs adorn the walls admonishing everyone to "be quiet, this is a shrine", the volume was so loud that I had to leave. 

So, not one to go down without a fight, I decided to hunt down the underbelly of this fair city. So do two bamillion other people. I couldn't even go down a seedy side street, that no white girl from out of town in her right mind would dare go down, without being inundated with other white girls out of their minds.

Suffice it to say, I am back in my hotel room pretending that I am the only person on the face of the planet. I've decided that agoraphobia has a lot going for it. I'm gonna crack a beer and visit this bitchin' city inside the pages of the book I managed to pick up at the alamo gift shop.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi

No comments:

Post a Comment