There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Where are my ruby slippers??

Sometimes I'm thoroughly convinced that Facebook is the devil. It has ruined relationships, friendships and probably has contributed to a great deal of really phenomenally low self-esteem in many people. I'm half tempted to cancel my account, but Facebook is how I stay in touch with family and friends back home. Which is currently why I think Facebook is the devil.

Last night, back home, they slept with the AC off and the windows open. Here, it's still 84-degrees out at 11 o'clock at night. Back home, they're gearing up for the county fairs next month. Here, I can't even garden because it's too miserably hot during the day. I could go on and on, but suffice it to say that here is not THERE and I want to be there. I miss home deeply right now. I'm homesick in a way that I haven't been in five years or more.

I mean, I am quite literally ANGRY at myself for having moved to Florida in the first place. Logically, I know it was the right decision at the time and all, but emotionally, I'm kicking my ass for it. now I know why so many people back home stay there - there's no earthly reason to move - unless you're an idiot or something. Which, I am. Apparently.

This soul deep longing to return to my roots is further proof that I need to get off my ass and get working on getting home. For good. The Boyfriend™ is even feeling repressed and stifled here, too, and he's FROM here.

I take a great deal of comfort in knowing I can get there - and will - even if it'll take some time. I'm incredibly impatient though, and don't want to wait. It sucks this waiting stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment