Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Eh... I haven't anything better to do

Subtitled: In Sady's head, it never rains, but it pours.

Growing uo, I always wanted the rain slicker & umbrella That the Morton's salt girl wore. I coveted it deeply. Part of me still really wants galoshes because of that iconic salt girl.

But that's really not the point. Well, maybe it is. It offers an explanation toward how truly obsessed about certain things I become.

I wish I could remember how I found her site, but Amanda Blake Soule's blog (www.soulemama.com) is my absolute favorite these days. She's made it quite clear that what she shares with the blogosphere are the good snippets of her life. Let me tell you, there seem to be plenty -- even in the small chaotic ways. The life she and her husband have built - carefully and lovingly - is one I aspire to. It's simple and pure. Full of love and support and nurturing. She is who she is. Her family is her family. It's a thing of beauty watching it unfold.

Ms Soule is also a published author. I pre-ordered her latest book and it arrived last week. It was signed by both Amanda and her husband, Steve. As I looked at the inscription, I was mildly taken aback. Her handwriting is almost identical to mine. No, seriously. It is. The Boyfriend thought I had written in the book myself, the writing style is so similar.

I thought it was cool & chalked it up to the both of us being New England girls. Later on, as I was reading her book, it occurred to me that the significance of the hand writing was more than a mere fluke. It was almost like a sign.

I can't explain it without sounding stalkerish, so I'll just say this: Ms Soule's example has helped me have the most clear vision of how EXACTLY I want the two year plan to turn out. It's something to hyper focus on, so I can get where I want to go on time. I thank her for her help in giving me focus.

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so I'm taking a page out of her book & showing you some corners of my home.

The picture above is part of my studio space. The table is too narrow & the room often gets taken over by mischevious trolls, but this is the first time I've ever had studio space and I love every centimeter of it. It's where I dream and create and visualize as I stare out the window and look on the pink rosebush blooming in the neighbor's back yard and my mind wanders forward to the future...

No comments:

Post a Comment