Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Laundry and other lists (subtitle: don't bother reading this. It makes no sense)

Laundry piles up quickly in my house - even with one troll who insists wearing the same pair of white socks until they're a decided shade of dark brown. Load after load of laundry makes it's way to the garage (where the washer and drier live), very often finding its way back out, though sometimes not.

I'm not good about putting laundry away.

I might've mentioned once that I have a lot of weird food allergies (all poultry, eggs, bananas, avocados, cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower). Occasionally, I will convince myself that an allergy is all in my head and attempt to eat something on my allergy list.

A couple of weeks ago, I decided to give bananas another whirl, since that particular allergy showed up after my pregnancy with The Monkey, along with a temporary allergy to strawberries. I was amazed that I was able to enjoy a banana with no pain, and so tried it again the next day and the next day. It was a miracle! I was cured.... For about a week. Weekend before last, I ate a banana with my morning breakfast. About 20 minutes later my belly was decidedly NOT happy and five more minutes after that I threw up.

Side note: throwing up when you have gallbladder issues is NOT fun. Hurts like a sonofabitch.

I didn't know if it was the vitamins that I added to my regimen or the banana made me toss up the contents of my digestive tract, so I decided to give a banana another whirl today. Five minutes after I finished my last bite, my tongue started itching. Five minutes after that, my throat got scratchy and ten minutes later, I found myself upchucking in the bathroom at work.

This was weird, because my allergies usually just caused gastrointestinal issues (severe pain), not the itchy, hive response.

So, note to self...

It just occurred to me how absolutely insane it is that I'm blogging about vomiting. Really, does anyone care? Screw it... It's my blog. If you don't want to read about vomit and, potentially, pterodactyls (which I mention only because I can spell that word without the need of spell check), then you should probably mosey on over to another, different blog.

Anyway...

So, this latest incident has underscored the point that, despite the annoyance factor of having to ask, "does this have.... In it? I'm allergic to... " or my friends having to find creative ways to cook for me, I really need to honor the restrictions in my body.

Not for nothing, but weird food allergies are not fun, though they are interesting. Who'd have thought avocado is in every damn thing?

So moving on...

This blog is starting to resemble a Chuck Pahalunik novel(in that I'm just stringing together a bunch of random thoughts completely unrelated to each other. Not I. The way that I think I'm a literary genius better than everyone else, when I'm actually not).

The Boyfriend™ is going to be home soon and while I'm legitimately home sick, I kind of want him to come home to at least partially cleaned house, but I'm feeling lazy...and nostalgic for my home town. I wish upon wish that I was able to be even a fraction of the woman my aunt Deb is, or www.SouleMama.com is. I really want to live those lives. Dammit...I will!

And this blog is a complete waste, but I'm gonna post it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment