Wednesday, May 11, 2011

It's 2AM and I'm wide awake

I went to sleep with every intention of staying asleep 'cuz I was, y'know, tired and stuff. But The Boyfriend™ stole my pillow and my brain didn't like that very much, so made me wake up. But I'd had about an hour-and-a-half of sleep, or what some people would call a nap, and now I'm all "yay! Being awake is where it's at!" So here I sit, in my front porch, willing myself to get tired again.

I go through periodic bouts of insomnia - usually before my period (oh, I'm aware that was TMI) - and have learned to feel rested on four or less hours of sleep. But insomnia that wakes you up in the middle of the night is cruel. You feel rested enough to stay awake, but then you get tired about an hour before you need to get up anyway, so you try to sleep, and sleep you do, right through your alarm. When you wake up in a panic, with enough time to have a quick whore's bath OR a Cup of coffee, and you opt for the bath (because, really, stinky pits and swamp ass is NOT OK), you end up becoming the poster child for zombie awareness

No comments:

Post a Comment